Sparkling Layered Aguas Frescas
- 1 small ripe pineapple, chilled, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 small ripe watermelon, chilled, rind removed, seeded and diced
- Juice of 1 lime, plus 8 lime wedges for garnish
- Superfine sugar, for sweetening
- 4 cups lime-flavored club soda, chilled
Puree the pineapple and watermelon separately in a blender. Add a splash of lime juice and sugar to taste to each of the fruit purees. Fill tall glasses three-quarters full with one of the fruit purees. Top each with 1/2 cup club soda, stir and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay