Spice Rubbed Lamb Tenderloin and Yogurt Sauce
- Spice Rub:
- 2 tablespoons Spanish paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh clementine juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 pounds lamb tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
For the yogurt sauce: Whisk together the yogurt, oregano clementine and lemon juices in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle each tenderloin liberally with the rub. Heat a grill or grill pan to high. Drizzle the lamb with the oil and grill until golden brown on both sides and cooked to medium-rare doness, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Serve with the yogurt sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay