- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup grated fresh horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
Spice Rub for Pork and Steak:
- 1/2 cup ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chile de arbol
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- or 1 jar of Bobby Flay's Dry Rub for Steak and Ribs
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- 4 rib pork chops, 6 ounces each and 1-inch thick
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup spice rub
Preheat grill to medium-high. Reserve 1/2 cup of the Maple-Horseradish Glaze and set aside. Brush pork chops on both sides with olive oil and season with salt. Rub 1 tablespoon of the rub onto 1 side of each pork chop. Grill, rub-side down until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Brush each chop with some of the Maple-Horseradish glaze and turn over. Continue grilling for 3 to 4 minutes for medium doneness, brushing with some of the glaze. Remove the chops to a platter and brush with the reserved glaze.
2 sweet potatoes, cooked 3/4 of the way Spicy Maple Glaze
Slice the potatoes, crosswise, into 1-inch thick slices. Brush with maple glaze and grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side.