Spicy Cranberry Mexican Cinnamon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Mexican cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, celery and carrots and cook until soft. Raise the heat to high and add the port, cook until dry. Add the spices, cranberry juice, and chicken stock. Strain the sauce and discard solids. Return to pan to heat, whisk in the cold butter, stir in cranberries, and heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.