- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 4 cups canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed and drained again
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Baked lavash chips, for serving
Heat the canola oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. Cook the garlic and jalapeno until soft, about 2 minutes.
Put 3 cups of the chickpeas in a food processor. Add the sauteed garlic and jalapeno, 3 tablespoons olive oil, sesame oil and lemon juice and process until smooth. If too tight, add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the remaining 1 cup chickpeas to the food processor and pulse a few times; the mixture should be chunky. Sprinkle the top with the smoked paprika and parsley. Serve with lavash chips.