Spicy Jumbo Lump Crabmeat and Black Bean Salad with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and Cilantro Oil
- CITRUS VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- BLACK BEANS:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 red onions, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 pound dried black beans, cooked until tender and drained
- 1/2 cup Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE:
- 4 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 medium red onion coarsely chopped
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup pure olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine juices, basil and onion in a blender and blend until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil and blend until emulsified and season with salt and pepper.BLACK BEANS: ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE:
In a blender, combine the peppers, onion, chipotle and lime juice and blend until smooth. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a thin stream until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
CILANTRO OIL: 1 cup olive oil 2 cups cilantro leaves Salt and pepper
Combine oil, cilantro and salt and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth. Strain into a squeeze bottle.
CRAB: 2 pounds jumbo crabmeat, picked over 1/4 cup Roasted Red Pepper sauce 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice 2 teaspoons honey 1 tablespoon pureed canned chipotle pepper 1/4 cup chopped cilantro Salt and pepper
In a mixing bowl, combine the crab, red pepper sauce, lime juice, honey, chipotle puree and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
ASSEMBLY: Place black beans on a large platter. Top with the crabmeat mixture. Dress with roasted red pepper sauce and squirt cilantro oil around salad.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.