Squid, Fried Plantain and Mango Salad with Fresh Mint & Smoked Chile Vinaigrette
- 2 cups peanut oil
- 2 green plantains, peeled and sliced very thin on a mandolin
- 8 whole squid, skinned and cleaned
- Pure olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 8 fresh mint leaves, cut into chiffonade
- Mint-Smoked Chile Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pureed canned chipotle pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, cut into chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat the peanut oil in a large skillet over high heat to 375 degrees F. Fry the plantain slices in batches until crisp. Drain on paper towels and reserve. Heat a grill or grill pan. Brush the squid with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper and grill for 3 minutes on each side. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.