- Softened butter, for bowls and baking pan
- For the glaze:
- 1 cup light muscavado sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 orange, zest finely grated
- 1 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
- For the dough:
- 1 package yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (about 110 degrees F)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus a pinch
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- For the filling:
- 8 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Butter a 9 by 13-inch baking pan.
For the glaze:
For the dough:
Whisk the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in yeast mixture to make a sticky dough. Knead the dough on a floured work surface until soft and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes. (Dough will be soft and elastic, but not terribly sticky.) Shape into a ball, brush with a little melted butter and put into a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
For the filling:
Roll the dough into 10 by 18-inch rectangle with a long edge facing you. Spread soft butter over the surface. Whisk 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon together, scatter over butter. Roll into a long tight cylinder; pinch long edge to seal. Cut into 1 1/2-inch rolls with string or dental floss. Evenly space the rolls in the pan. Cover and let rise, at room temperature, until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake until golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Rest at room temperature 10 minutes, unmold, and serve warm.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.