Strawberries with Ricotta Cream and Pistachios
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier), or fresh orange juice
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup pistachios, toasted and coarsely chopped
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Place the ricotta in a small strainer set over a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes to drain the excess liquid.
Transfer the drained ricotta to a food processor or blender, add the brown sugar and orange liqueur, and process until smooth. (The ricotta mixture can be made up to 8 hours in advance, covered and kept refrigerated.)
Divide the strawberries among 4 dessert bowls and top each with a 1/4 cup of the ricotta mixture and sprinkle with the pistachios.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay