Tandoori Marinated Cornish Hens on the Rotisserie
- 1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 -inch fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 16 ounces plain yogurt, drained through a strainer lined with cheesecloth for 2 hours
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 cornish hens
- Thinly sliced white onion
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Lime wedges
Place onion, garlic, ginger, saffron, lime juice, yogurt and the remaining spices in a bowl. Stir to combine.
Preheat the grill to high. Skewer the hens on the rotisserie and grill for approximately 1 1/4 hours or until cooked through.
Place the sliced onions in a bowl of ice water, cover and refrigerate while the hens are grilling. Right before serving, remove the onions from the water and pat dry. Half the hens and serve with onion slices, cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay