Tangerine-Serrano Frozen Treats
- 5 to 6 cups fresh tangerine juice
- 4 serrano chiles, 2 sliced
- 5 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 tangerines, finely zested
- 2 to 3 tablespoons corn syrup
Place 3 cups of the tangerine juice in a medium nonreactive pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Make a few slits in 2 serranos and add them to the juice. Continue cooking until thickened and reduced to about 1 cup. Remove the serranos and discard. While the mixture is still hot, begin adding the sugar until slightly sweet. Stir until the sugar totally dissolves.
Strain and pour into ice pop molds. Freeze until frozen.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay, 2008