- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Lime-Toasted Cumin-Cilantro Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 2 large ripe Haas avocados, peeled, pitted and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 coconuts, halved and drained
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Combine tomatoes, onion, and dressing, to taste, and toss to combine. Add avocado and gently mix, being careful not to break up the avocado too much. Place 1 coconut 1/2 in 6 bowls. Spoon the salad among the coconuts. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted and ground
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup canola/olive oil blend
Combine lime juice, vinegar, honey, cumin, cilantro, salt, and pepper in a bowl and whisk to combine. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the oil. Whisk until well-combined. Reseason with salt and pepper, if necessary.