Tropical Slaw with Sweet & Sour Dressing
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large, ripe mango, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 head red cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 green onions, green and pale green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Combine the cider vinegar, canola oil, sugar and some salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk until the sugar dissolves.
Combine the pineapple, mango and red cabbage in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, add the dressing and toss to coat. Add the green onions and cilantro and toss again. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay