Vietnamese Rice-Noodle Salad
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound dried rice vermicelli
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cucumber, halved, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin halfrounds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup finely shredded napa cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped dryroasted nuts
Place the garlic, cilantro, jalapeno, honey, lime juice, fish sauce and salt in the bowl of a food processor and process until almost smooth. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Drain, rinse well with cold water and drain again. In a large bowl, combine the sauce, noodles, carrots, cucumber, mint and napa cabbage. Toss well and garnish with peanuts.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.