Boiled Peanut Hummus with Country Bacon and Feta Cheese
- 2 cups shelled boiled peanuts
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 small clove fresh garlic
- 4 tablespoons good-quality olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, as needed
- 1/4 cup cooked quality country bacon (such as Benton's or Broadbent), chopped fine, for garnish
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, for garnish
- 1 loaf kalamata olive bread or baguette, thinly sliced
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
For the hummus: Set the peanuts on a baking sheet lined with paper towels and allow to air dry for 30 minutes.
Transfer to a clean kitchen towel and roll the peanuts around while applying light pressure with the palm of your hand. This will remove some of the skins off of the peanuts.
Place the peanuts, lemon juice, tahini, parsley, coriander, cumin, paprika and garlic in a food processor. Process for 1 minute and then, with the motor still running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. The hummus should have a smooth, loosely spreadable consistency. Adjust with a tablespoon of hot water if needed. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to your serving bowl of choice. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, the crumbled bacon and feta cheese.
For the toast: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lay your thinly sliced bread pieces on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Bake until golden brown and fully crisped, 5 to 8 minutes. Serve alongside your delicious hummus!
Thank you! your flag was submitted.