- 2 (1/2-inch thick) eggplant slices (cut lengthwise from a long eggplant), patted dry
- 1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Dash Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place eggplant slices on the baking sheet and cook until slightly soft, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
Carefully remove the sheet from oven. Evenly spread the tomato mixture over the eggplant slices. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and evenly top with mushrooms, pepper, and onion.
Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted and the toppings are hot, about 10 additional minutes.
Sprinkle with the Parm-style topping and enjoy!
PER SERVING (entire recipe, 2 pieces): 122 calories, 4g fat, 290mg sodium, 17g carbs, 5.5g fiber, 7g sugars, 7g protein