Bonus Recipe: EZ Cheesy Lasagna for Two
- 2 (1/4-inch-thick) eggplant slices (cut lengthwise from a long eggplant), patted dry
- 1 egg white or 2 tablespoons liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 sheets oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
- Black pepper, optional
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add mushrooms and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir mushrooms into ricotta mixture and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning with crushed tomatoes. If you like, season with black pepper and additional salt, to taste. Mix well and set aside.
Spray a large loaf pan with nonstick spray. Pour 1/4 cup tomatoes evenly into the bottom of the pan. Top with 1 lasagna sheet. Spread half of the ricotta-mushroom mixture on top, followed by another 1/4 cup tomatoes. Top with 1 eggplant slice.
Evenly top with mozzarella and grated topping. Bake until the cheese starts to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
PER SERVING (12 of lasagna): 238 calories, 4g fat, 845mg sodium, 31.5g carbs, 5g fiber, 10g sugars, 17.5g protein
2011 Hungry Girl. All Rights Reserved.