Bow Tie Pasta with New Potatoes and Olives
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 scallions ( green onions), finely sliced
- 4 large romaine lettuce leaves, rinsed, cut into 1/4 inch wide ribbons
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/8th inch wide julienne
- 1 pound new small red potatoes
- 4 cups bow tie pasta
- 12 Calamata olives, pitted and quartered lengthwise
- 2 ounces crumbled goat's cheese, optional
Combine the olive oil and white wine in the bottom of a mixing bowl; season highly with salt and pepper. Add scallions, romaine lettuce and peppers.
Scrub the potatoes clean with a vegetable brush. If they are large, cut them in half or quarters. Boil in a quart of water, partially covered, until they are just tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water, pat dry. Cut them into bite-sized chunks and add them to the mixing bowl. Toss them while still warm with olive oil and wine.
While the potatoes are cooking, boil the pasta until al dente, also drain, refresh briefly under cold water and pat dry. Toss with the potatoes, etc. Serve at room temperature. Garnish each portion with black olives and some goat's cheese if you wish.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.