Bowtie Pasta with Mozzarella Saute
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons onion, small diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 pound bowtie pasta, cooked
- 2 cups cherry tomato, halved
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, small cubes
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat a skillet over high flame. Put 3 tablespoons of olive oil, onions, garlic, thyme, and saute for 1 minute. Then add the chicken stock, and allow the sauce to reduce by 1/2. Now add the pasta, tomatoes, mozzarella, spinach, and toss to combine. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Copyright 2003,Cheryl Smith, All Rights Reserved
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen