- 2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 2 1/2 cups grated extra-sharp Cheddar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chiles
- Garlic salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook the grits according to the directions on the back of the package. Remove from the heat and add next 6 ingredients (Cheddar through chilies). Stir well and season with garlic salt, to taste. Pour into a buttered 9-inch baking dish and bake for 1 hour. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.