Bachelorette Party Bite with Strawberries, Kalamata Olives and Vodka
- 1 small French baguette
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 ripe strawberries, stems removed
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon honey, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup dried figs, diced
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 sprigs fresh frisee lettuce
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice the bread into 12 (1/4-inch) rounds. Brush both sides with olive oil and season with salt, and pepper, to taste. Bake the bread at 350 degrees F until crisp and starting to brown. Reserve.
Chop the strawberries finely, and mix with the goat cheese in a bowl. Season with 1/2 teaspoon honey, and salt, and pepper, to taste.
In a bowl combine the onions, figs, olives, and basil. Season the mixture with salt, and pepper, to taste. Drizzle with vinegar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon honey and toss to combine.
In a small sauce pan, heat the vodka over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer. Cook until the vodka is reduced to about 1 teaspoon. Stir in the orange juice and remove from the heat immediately. Drizzle in a touch of honey and season with salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil. Toss the frisee in the dressing.
To assemble: Take a crostini and smear a touch of the strawberry-goat cheese mixture on top. Build up some of the olive relish on top of that and garnish each crostini with a little dressed frisee lettuce.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.