Spinach, Arugula, and Frisee Salad with Bleu Cheese Dressing, Fresh Tomatoes, and Crispy Bacon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into small dice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 8 ounces bleu cheese, crumbled (recommended: Point Reyes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 cup fresh baby arugula, washed and dried
- 2 frisee hearts, washed and dried
- 1 cup seeded and small diced tomato
- 1 cup cooked crisp and diced bacon
In a small saute pan, over medium heat, heat the oil and cook the onion until lightly browned. Lower the heat and cook until caramelized, about 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, and sage. If the dressing is too thick, loosen the dressing by pouring in a little more of the buttermilk. You want the dressing to be pourable. Season the dressing with salt, and pepper, to taste.
Combine the spinach, arugula, frisee, tomato, and bacon in a large bowl and dress gently with a few spoonfuls of blue cheese dressing. Add more dressing to taste, but don't overdress the greens. Season the salad with salt, and pepper, to taste.
Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Brad Sorenson