Braised Cinnamon Apples with Sauteed Julienne Vegetables
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and seeded, sliced thin
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup fresh apple cider
- 1 small zucchini, seeds removed, cut julienne
- 1 small stalk celery, cut julienne
- 1 small leek, green removed, cut julienne
- 1/2 red pepper, seeds removed, cut julienne
- 1 teaspoon picked thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Opal and green basil, julienned, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil and butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Allow butter to brown. Add sliced apples and saute until lightly browned. Add lemon zest and toss to distribute. Add the cinnamon stick and deglaze with the lemon juice and apple cider. Place in oven and cook until the juice has all but completely reduced, 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a second large saute pan heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil over high heat. Add all the vegetables and cook until browned and caramelized. Then add thyme and season to taste. Combine vegetables with apple mixture and serve on a hot plate garnished with basil.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.