Braised Monkfish: Coda in Umido
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, an "x" cut into the root end, and stuck with 2 whole cloves
- 15 pearl onions, peeled and an "x" cut into the root end
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon tomato sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, cored, and pureed
- 1 cup white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds skinless monkfish fillet, cut into 3 to 4-inch cubes
- 1/2 bunch parsley, leaves finely chopped to yield 2 tablespoons
Cook a few more minutes, stirring constantly, then add the red wine, and cook 5 minutes, continuing to stir constantly. Add the tomato sauce, pepper puree, and white wine. Season with salt and pepper, bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the fish and simmer until it's opaque, about 5 minutes. Remove the onion and add the remaining tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle the parsley and divide evenly among 6 warmed bowls.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.