- 2 (12-ounce) raw beef short ribs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 6 sliced garlic cloves
- 8 ounces red wine
- 16 ounces veal or beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 slices of your bread of choice, preferably brioche
- 4 tablespoons Remoulade
- Rib meat
- 8 slices cooked pancetta
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into quarters
- 1 bunched picked and cleaned watercress
For the ribs:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Season ribs with salt and pepper and sear in a very hot saucepan with a dab of olive oil. When ribs are caramelized all around, remove the ribs and saute the garlic. Add the wine and reduce by half. Add the stock and the ribs back into the pan with the bay leaf, cover and place in preheated oven for 2 hours 30 minutes or until the ribs are fork tender. Remove ribs and let cool, pick meat from the bones and reserve the meat.
For the remoulade:
Mix all ingredients well in a stainless steel bowl and refrigerate.
* Guest Recipe
A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.