- 4 cups refried black beans, quite soupy
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dende oil (see Note)
- 1/3 cup Crema (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
In a medium saucepan, heat the beans, adding a little more water if necessary to make a nice soupy consistency. When the beans are very hot, add the salt and pepper and taste for seasoning. Remove from the heat and serve in large shallow bowls, drizzling each portion with a little dende oil, a little crema, and scattering some cilantro around the edges of the plate.