Fried Rice with Chinese Sausage
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 3 links Chinese sausage, sliced
- 1 small bunch scallions, sliced, divided
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Heat 2 tablespoons of canola oil in a wok over high heat. Add the beaten eggs and fry until they are fully cooked. Transfer them to plate. Add the remaining oil, ginger, garlic, carrot, and celery, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the sausage and half of the scallions and cook for 1 minute. Add the cooked rice, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. Stir-fry until the rice is hot, about 2 minutes. Stir in the reserved eggs and transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with the remaining scallions and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Brian Boitano