Grilled Corn and Bean Salad
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, divided
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Preheat a grill or a grill pan over medium heat.
In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup of the canola oil, the cumin, 2 teaspoons chili powder, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine. Brush each ear of corn liberally with the seasoned oil.
Arrange the corn on the hot grill and cook for about 12 minutes, giving each ear a quarter turn every 3 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool for 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle cut kernels from corn.
In a medium serving bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup of canola oil, 1 teaspoon chili powder, the lime juice, garlic, bell pepper, onions, beans, and cilantro. Adjust the seasonings with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add the corn kernels and stir to combine. Mix the ingredients well and serve with tacos, if desired.
Recipe courtesy Brian Boitano
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen