Shrimp and Chorizo Skewers
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound Spanish chorizo, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 20 (6-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, cut into small wedges
In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, paprika and olive oil. Set aside
Put a slice chorizo into the curve of a shrimp. Thread a skewer through the shrimp starting at the tail and working your way up through the chorizo into the shrimp. Repeat with remaining shrimp and chorizo.
Pour half of the marinade on the bottom of a large baking dish and spread out to evenly coat the bottom of the dish. Put the finished skewers on top and brush the remaining marinade evenly over the top of the skewers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or up to 1 hour.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
Season the skewers with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill the skewers for 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill to a serving platter and serve with lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Brian Boitano 2009