Brie Stuffed Blackened Chicken with Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ounces chilled Brie cheese, divided into 6 wedges, skin-on
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- Heirloom Tomato Salad:
- 8 to 10 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons chopped or torn fresh basil leaves
DirectionsFor the chicken:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut a 2 to 3-inch pocket in each chicken breast, and insert a wedge of Brie deep into each pocket and is covered with the top of the pocket.
In a large mixing bowl, add all the dried herbs and spices. Add the chicken and gently toss the in the mixture, coating evenly (keeping the cheese in the pocket). In a large skillet over high heat, add oil and sear the chicken on both sides until dark brown, but not burned, normally 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Put the skillet in the oven to bake until cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven to a cutting board and let rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
For the salad:
Dice the heirloom tomatoes and add them to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the next 4 ingredients. Toss to combine and add the fresh basil just before serving.
Slice the chicken and arrange on a serving platter. Serve with the tomato salad.
Great simple lunch or dinner.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.