Brie Stuffed Blackened Chicken with Heirloom Tomato Salad
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ounces chilled Brie cheese, divided into 6 wedges, skin-on
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
- Pinch salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- Heirloom Tomato Salad:
- 8 to 10 heirloom tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons chopped or torn fresh basil leaves
DirectionsFor the chicken:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut a 2 to 3-inch pocket in each chicken breast, and insert a wedge of Brie deep into each pocket and is covered with the top of the pocket.
In a large mixing bowl, add all the dried herbs and spices. Add the chicken and gently toss the in the mixture, coating evenly (keeping the cheese in the pocket). In a large skillet over high heat, add oil and sear the chicken on both sides until dark brown, but not burned, normally 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Put the skillet in the oven to bake until cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven to a cutting board and let rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
For the salad:
Dice the heirloom tomatoes and add them to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the next 4 ingredients. Toss to combine and add the fresh basil just before serving.
Slice the chicken and arrange on a serving platter. Serve with the tomato salad.
Great simple lunch or dinner.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Nacho-rific Stuffed Chicken, Cipollini Stuffed Chicken Breasts and Poached Leeks with a Dijon Vinaigrette, Chicken Stuffed with Wild Rice, Collard Greens, and Sausage, Chicken and Dumpling Recipes, Easy Asian, Swiss Cheese, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Dinner Party, Cheese Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.