The guys will love this one!
- 1¾ to 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope Fleischmann's® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup very warm water (120°F to 130°F) *
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, quartered
- 2 slices cooked bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces
- ¼ pound sausage, cooked and crumbled
- ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky.
3. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour, if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes.
4. Pat dough with floured hands to fill greased pizza pan or baking sheet. OR roll dough on a floured counter to 12-inch circle; place in greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
5. Spread with pizza sauce. Layer 1 cup cheese and remaining ingredients evenly over pizza. Top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake on lowest rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
*If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch.
**To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push, and turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough.