- 2 tablespoons Cabot® Salted Butter
- 2 cups peeled and diced boiling potatoes (about 2 medium)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14½-ounce) can chicken broth (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups broccoli (chopped florets and thinly sliced stems)
- 8 ounces Cabot® Sharp or Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add potatoes and onion and cook, stirring, until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes longer.
3. Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk. Bring to simmer and cook until potatoes are nearly tender, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli and cook until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes longer.
Calories 446 , Total Fat 29g , Saturated Fat 18g , Sodium 1162mg , Carbohydrates 24g , Dietary Fiber 6g , Protein 25g , Calcium 654mg