Broccoli Rabe and Chickpea Pita Pizzas
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large bunch broccoli rabe, coarse and hollow stems discarded and the rest chopped (about 9 cups)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 6 (6-inch) pocket-less pitas
- 1 1/2 cups hummus (recipe above)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and cook broccoli rabe, turning it with tongs, until wilted. Add remaining 1/4 cup water and pepper flakes and simmer, covered partially, until broccoli rabe is crisp-tender and almost all liquid is evaporated, about 2 minutes.
Spread pitas with hummus and top with broccoli rabe and Parmesan. Arrange pita pizzas on a large baking sheet and bake in middle of oven 10 minutes, or until edges are golden.