Broken Spoke BBQ Brisket
- 1 (8 to 10-pound) beef brisket
- Salt and ground black pepper
- BBQ Sauce, recipe follows
- BBQ Sauce:
- 1 (12-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or honey
- Onion powder, or 1/4 small onion, minced
- Garlic powder, or 1 clove garlic, minced
Preheat a smoker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Season brisket with salt and pepper on both sides. Place brisket, fat side up, in the smoker, with the largest end towards the fire box. Do not place meat any closer than 3 feet from the fire. Smoke for 8 hours. Remove brisket to a platter and brush with BBQ sauce. Carve or pull meat as desired.BBQ Sauce:
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine and then simmer for 30 minutes over low heat.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy James M. and Annetta White