Brown Sugar Corn Cake Cupcake
- Graham Cracker Crumbs:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Cake Batter:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup corn
- 2/3 cup (11 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
For the graham cracker crumbs: Mix the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar together in a medium bowl. Stir in the melted butter with a fork until the crumbs are well coated.
For the cake batter: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F; line a cupcake pan with 12 liners.
Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners, sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the graham cracker crumbs and bake until cooked through, 20 to 22 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
To assemble: Core out the center of each cupcake and fill with some of the chopped strawberries. Top each with some of the frosting, and a few chopped strawberries.
Contestant/Competition Recipe: This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Jenica Braddock