Brown Sugar Corn Cake Cupcake
- Graham Cracker Crumbs:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Cake Batter:
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup corn
- 2/3 cup (11 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
For the graham cracker crumbs: Mix the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar together in a medium bowl. Stir in the melted butter with a fork until the crumbs are well coated.
For the cake batter: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F; line a cupcake pan with 12 liners.
Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners, sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of the graham cracker crumbs and bake until cooked through, 20 to 22 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
To assemble: Core out the center of each cupcake and fill with some of the chopped strawberries. Top each with some of the frosting, and a few chopped strawberries.
Contestant/Competition Recipe: This recipe was created by a contestant during a cooking competition. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested it for home use and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Jenica Braddock
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee