- 1 banana, peeled and split lengthwise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 scoop chocolate ice cream
- 1 scoop strawberry ice cream
- Chocolate sauce, for topping
- Caramel sauce, for topping
- Whipped cream, for topping
- Sprinkles, for topping
- Maraschino cherries, for topping
- Mint, garnish for topping
Preheat broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Lay the banana halves, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Sprinkle each half with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the brown sugar. Torch until sugar begins to bubble, or put under the broiler 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 2 minutes or until the sugar melts and starts to bubble. Watch closely to make sure they don't burn.
Place the scoops of ice cream in a bowl or a long banana-split bowl and place the banana halves on either side. Top with chocolate and caramel sauces to taste, then the whipped cream, sprinkles and as many cherries as you can handle! Garnish with fresh mint.