Buffalo Burgers Aspen Style
- 4 pounds ground buffalo
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons (more or less to taste) finely chopped fresh Anaheim or poblano chiles
- 2 tablespoons canned smoked chipotle chili paste (Paste is easier to use and distributes better. Careful, this is smoked jalepeno, adjust for the amount of heat you want.)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons rendered duck fat (can be purchased at most gourmet meat shops)
- 6 ounces chilled fresh baby spring greens
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 12 fresh dinner-sized rolls
- 2 (4-ounce logs) soft goat cheese
Combine first 6 ingredients well. Form small patties by hand (approximately 3 inches across). Toss baby greens with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper, to taste. Grill burgers over medium heat until cooked through. Serve on dinner rolls, topped with a slice of the goat cheese and the dressed greens.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Bridget Hart