Buffalo Chicken Wing Sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 pints crystal Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 1/4 tablespoons peeled garlic
- 1 1/4 tablespoons champagne vinegar
Melt butter and saute garlic for 3 minutes. Add flour and stir, making a roux and cook for 5 minutes, stirring. Slowly add the hot sauce, while whisking constantly to avoid lumps, and add vinegar. Put on low flame and cook until thickened and the roux has cooked out. Cool and pack for transport.
Recipe courtesy of Bill Smith