Buffalo Tenderloin with Teton Black Bar-B-Que Sauce
- 6 to 8 (8-ounce) buffalo tenderloins
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons pureed roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons (recommended: Pomace)
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 sprig rosemary leaves stripped from stem, coarsely chopped
- 1 sprig thyme, stripped
- 3 leaves sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 1/2 cups huckleberry preserves (may substitute Marion or blackberry preserves)
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup cornstarch slurry (3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 1/2 cup water)
- Braised spinach and your favorite potato, for serving, optional
Buffalo Tenderloins: Lightly marinate buffalo tenderloins with fresh black pepper, kosher salt, roasted garlic, and 2 tablespoons olive oil for 2 hours in the refrigerator, then grill to desired doneness.
Teton Black Bar-B-Que Sauce: To a saute pan, add 2 teaspoons olive oil, shallots, rosemary, thyme, and sage over medium heat until shallots just soften, about 2 minutes. Lastly, add garlic and continue sauteing until mixture has caramelized. Add the port wine and scrape up the brown bits that cling to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Continue cooking until sauce is reduced by about half. Add berry preserves, syrup, vinegar, Worcestershire, and cornstarch slurry and bring to a boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour through a fine strainer and season with fresh ground black pepper and kosher salt.
Serve grilled buffalo tenderloin and sauce with braised spinach and your favorite potato.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chili-Lime Pork Tenderloin over Soft Polenta with Hungarian Wax Peppers and Corn, Pork Tenderloin with Prunes and Pearl Onions, Mom's Mushroom Beef Tenderloin, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes