- 4 pounds ground chuck
- 4 andouille sausages, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 Vidalia onion, diced
- Worcestershire sauce
- Grilling seasoning (recommended: Montreal's Grilling Seasoning)
- Your favorite barbecue sauce
- About 4 cups sliced mushrooms, sauteed ahead of time
- 16 slices smoked bacon, cooked ahead of time
- 8 thick slices smoked Cheddar
- 8 hamburger buns or 16 slices sourdough toast
Preheat a grill to medium-high.
Combine chuck with diced sausage, pepper, and onion. Portion off enough meat to make a burger, and shape the meat into a bowl to hold the Worcestershire and grilling seasoning. Pour just enough Worcestershire and grilling seasoning into the burger bowl and mix well to combine. Shape into a patty. Repeat with remaining meat mixture to make a total of 8 burgers.
Place burgers on the grill. Brush the burgers with your favorite barbecue sauce as they cook. Once they are almost cooked to your desired degree of doneness, divide the following toppings over: the sauteed mushrooms, 2 slices of bacon, and 1 slice of cheese, in that order. Cook just until cheese is melted and toppings are heated through. Serve burgers on a hamburger bun or sourdough toast.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy the UT Frat Boys