Buttercream Mousseline/Cookies and Cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 5 egg whites
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/4 cups butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 10 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed (recommended: Oreo)
Combine the sugar and meringue powder in a stainless steel bowl and whisk to combine. Mix egg whites and corn syrup. Combine the egg white mixture with the sugar mixture and whisk vigorously. Heat mixture over a hot water bath, stirring occasionally. The meringue is ready when the sugar is dissolved. Whip in a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment for 10 to 15 minutes. Slowly add the cool, room temperature butter and shortening. Add the vanilla seeds and then fold in the crushed cookies.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of James Rosselle, Whittier, California