- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup stone ground cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cups whole corn kernels (fresh, blanched or canned and drained)
Preheat cast iron skillet or corn stick mold in a preheated 425 degree oven. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients with a wooden spoon, do not over-mix. Remove baking dish from oven and grease with vegetable spray or brush with melted butter. Add batter and bake for 10 to 15 minutes for sticks and 20 minutes for each loaf.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.