- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshlyground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Panela or Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups warm seasoned chicken broth or additional 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup freshly grated cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds and stringy flesh with a teaspoon. Place squash halves, cut side up, in a baking dish just large enough to hold them. Place 1 tablespoon butter in each cavity. Sprinkle with half the salt and pepper. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and roast 40 to 50 minutes until tender. Remove from oven and let cool. Scrape flesh out of shells with a spoon and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add 1/2 cup grated cheese and remaining salt and pepper and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Form and cook raviolis as detailed above. Serve in broth or with butter and grated cheese.