- 10 prickly pears (about 4 pounds)
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime zest
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Wearing your rubber gloves, wash and skin pears. Be careful of the very tiny spines. Add all ingredients except mint to a blender and puree until smooth. Reduce liquid in half on medium heat. Strain and let cool.
Note: Before freezing the puree, adjust the flavor with sugar and cranberry juice, to taste. Freeze puree in an ice cream maker and you're ready to scoop.
Garnish with fresh mint.
Recipe courtesy of Donald Rini; Sprouts-Marriott Camelback Inn