Caesar Chicken Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 2 to 3 cups diced skinless, boneless cooked chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 ounces canned flat anchovy filets, drained
- 2 scallions (green onions), trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper (6 ounces) washed, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 to 6 leaves (4 ounces) romaine lettuce, washed, torn into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 -ounce chunk fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups store-bought or homemade garlic croutons (see below)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
in a blender puree the oils, vinegar, anchovies and garlic clove. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add the chicken, scallions and peppers, and marinate for as long as possible before serving.
Right before serving, add the romaine lettuce, toss the ingredients together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Let each diner grate some Parmesan over their portion of salad and garnish with croutons.