Cajun Fillet of Sole with Sauce Remoulade
- Remoulade Sauce:
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/ 4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/ 8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fish Fillets:
- 3/ 4 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/ 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 sole or flounder fillets (8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Parsley sprigs and lemon wedges, for garnish
Remoulade Sauce: Combine mayonnaise, relish, tarragon, parsley, capers, mustard, lemon juice and pepper in bowl until blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat broiler. Grease a large baking sheet.
Fillets: Combine cornflake crumbs, chili powder, cumin, onion powder and pepper on large sheet of waxed paper. Brush each fillet with about 1 teaspoon mayonnaise per side. Dip fillets into crumb mixture, coating both sides. Spray both sides of each fillet with vegetable cooking spray. Place on prepared baking sheet. Broil 5 inches from source of heat, without turning, about 8 to 10 minutes or until fish just begins to flake and coating is golden. Serve with remoulade sauce. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Family Circle Magazine