Cajun Fillet of Sole with Sauce Remoulade
- Remoulade Sauce:
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/ 4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/ 8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Fish Fillets:
- 3/ 4 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/ 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 sole or flounder fillets (8 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Parsley sprigs and lemon wedges, for garnish
Remoulade Sauce: Combine mayonnaise, relish, tarragon, parsley, capers, mustard, lemon juice and pepper in bowl until blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Preheat broiler. Grease a large baking sheet.
Fillets: Combine cornflake crumbs, chili powder, cumin, onion powder and pepper on large sheet of waxed paper. Brush each fillet with about 1 teaspoon mayonnaise per side. Dip fillets into crumb mixture, coating both sides. Spray both sides of each fillet with vegetable cooking spray. Place on prepared baking sheet. Broil 5 inches from source of heat, without turning, about 8 to 10 minutes or until fish just begins to flake and coating is golden. Serve with remoulade sauce. Garnish with parsley sprigs and lemon wedges.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Cold Roast Fillet of Beef with Cracked Pepper Crust, Fillet of Pork with Rosemary-Apple Vinaigrette, Seared Fillet of Seabass with Tomato and Onion Confit and Sherry Vinegar Nage Infused with Tarragon, Baked Ham Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Easy Snack, Easy Dinner, Chicken Breast Recipes, Main Dish