- 10 small zucchini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups corn
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green chile
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup queso fresco (fresh cheese)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
Cut the zucchini into 1-inch sections, hollow inside using a melon baller or teaspoon leaving 1/4 inch on bottom, set aside.
In a saute pan heat 3 teaspoons of the olive oil and heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add chopped garlic and corn, stir, and add roasted red pepper, green chile, and chopped oregano saute until corn is fully cooked. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Fill zucchini cups. Top with queso fresca and garnish with fresh oregano.
Recipe courtesy of Karen Todd