Calamari, Scungili and Shrimp Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds calamari (squid), cleaned, tentacles and flaps removed, bodysacs cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide rings
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 cans (6 1/2 ounces each) scungili (conch), drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 1/2 cups minced celery
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced fine, or to taste
- 1 cup pitted and halved black olives
- 1 cup green olives with pimento, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
In a large bowl, combine the calamari, shrimp, scungili, celery, garlic, olives, and salt and pepper. Chill the mixture, covered, until ready to serve.
In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper together. Add the dressing to the seafood mixture along with the parsley and toss to combine.
Recipe courtesy Fanny di Giovanni