Calamari, Scungili and Shrimp Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds calamari (squid), cleaned, tentacles and flaps removed, bodysacs cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide rings
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 cans (6 1/2 ounces each) scungili (conch), drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 1/2 cups minced celery
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced fine, or to taste
- 1 cup pitted and halved black olives
- 1 cup green olives with pimento, halved
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
In a large bowl, combine the calamari, shrimp, scungili, celery, garlic, olives, and salt and pepper. Chill the mixture, covered, until ready to serve.
In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper together. Add the dressing to the seafood mixture along with the parsley and toss to combine.