- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds chorizo sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup julienned onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3 cups white potatoes, peeled and 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 pound split peas
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 4 cups kale, rinsed, stemmed, and torn into pieces
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed red pepper
- 6 tablespoons chiffonade fresh mint
In a large pot, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the chorizo and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, parsley, and potatoes. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the peas, stock and kale and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the bay leaves, thyme and crushed red pepper. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are fork tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and skim off any fat that has risen to the surface. Serve the soup in large bowl and garnish with the mint.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.