California Crumbling Coliseum Pizza Pie
Great for when you have thick and thin crust lovers who have a fondness for alliteration.
- 7 ounces prepared pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for rolling
- Semolina flour (or cornmeal), for dusting
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 8 thin slices lean salami
- 1/8 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/8 cup grated provolone
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 slightly ripe avocado, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 sweet Italian sausage, removed from the casing and crumbled
- 1/2 andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
Place a pizza stone onto the floor of the oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
On a lightly floured surface, toss and shape the dough so that one side has a thick crust and the other thin and it looks like the crumbling Roman Coliseum. Transfer onto a pizza paddle that has been well-dusted with semolina flour. Coat the center of the dough with marinara sauce. Cover with a layer of salami and then the cheese. Place the peppers and avocado in a spoke pattern around the pizza. Scatter over the sausages, pine nuts, and parmesan. Bake until the crust turns golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Share and enjoy with beer or wine or both.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.